cap pattern v 1.0-- in miniature




To try out my first thoughts on the cap pattern, I made a miniature version of the tam. 
  1. I cut a piece of scrap fabric, with the actual-sized pattern on the graph paper plus another ½” (so roughly 9.5” diameter circle).
  2. I folded the sides of the octagon and pleated as I had planned, then basted near the edges.
  3. I used a compass to mark the seam line and the cutting line from the pattern, and I basted along the SEAM line (taking care not to baste through the bottom layer.


  4. I trimmed to the CUTTING line.


  5. I took a scrap piece of bias fabric (single fold, 1-1/4”) and basted it to the seam line.  Then I machine stitched along the seam, trimmed and clipped the seam, then hand sewed the other edge of the tape to the inside.


  6. I added a button to the top.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How I got started

Hood

Robe